Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stressed!

I am beginning to feel like the title of this blog is appropriate! Things are a little bit crazy for me right now.

In just two days a judge will hear our case for Ella Grace! Sometimes families don't pass and for a long time I worried uselessly about us not passing! That worry has given way to peace (the peace that passes understanding) and I know whatever the outcome God ultimately has a plan. Not passing only means your case will be rescheduled and heard again with whatever problems corrected. Now, I don't want another day to go by without our baby girl, but it ultimately is in God's hands and I trust him.

I think if I list all the things that are worrying me right now...I can give them to God and get to sleep, so here goes...

1. I still have lots of donations sitting in cargo storage in Ethiopia. They didn't come in when we were there in April and I haven't been able to make arrangements for them to be picked up by anyone else. Just sent an email about this to the cargo people, so I feel a little better about the situation.

2. I need to get my doggy groomed before I leave for Texas. It is just something I tend to put off. On my list to call tomorrow.

3. Have to finish up a photo collage for Abbey's 5th grade step up ceremony.

4. Desperately need a pedicure! (don't laugh...it is serious)

5. Need to talk with Will's teacher about the end of year party. I'm the room mom. Plan end of year party!

6. Found cute house to rent near my Mom this summer (thanks, God). Now need some furniture to put in cute house.

7. Need to pack!

8. Challenging to keep kiddos motivated these last few weeks of school.

9. Feeling pressured to make definite summer plans when we don't know when we will be traveling to pick up babe.

10. Need to plan a birthday party for my son and a going away party for my dear friends.

AND...only 3 week til we are on a plane headed to TEXAS!