Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Lucky One

Happy Mother's Day!

I got a huge surprise this morning. My sister and her quilting group make a quilt every year and raffle it off to raise money to support cystic fibrosis reseach. One of our friends who we love very much has a daughter with CF.

Well, I WON the quilt this year! It is beautiful and I am so excited!

I had another surprise this morning. My normally happy boy, Will, wasn't feeling well and it was obvious to me he didn't need to go to school. He has been running a fever all day and just feeling terrible.

He has wanted me right by his side all day, so we have spent most of the day snuggled up in bed.

I was trying to think of things to take his mind off feeling so bad and I was telling him about the winning the quilt.

He started telling me about a raffle they are having at school for a pinata filled with candy.

But he's not going to buy any tickets because he isn't LUCKY.

According to him, He's only been lucky one time in his life.

When he got me for a MOM!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.....TO US ALL. I HOPE YOU FEEL LOVED AND APPRECIATED TODAY!