Monday, March 30, 2009

Update on Baby Love

We saw her picture for the first time 31/2 weeks ago. So, how can we miss her so much already. We haven't heard another peep from our agency. Nothing.... The next bit of news will be that our case has been filed in court. They indicated it would be anywhere from 1-5 weeks.

I have gotten several updates and photos from traveling families and she seems to be doing great. I recently got her measurements and she is gaining weight and growing. She is now 13.5 lbs. and 25.5 inches long. I am so glad she is growing and getting chubby. She is will be 7 months old in April. Everyone that meets her comments that she is the happiest baby, smiling and laughing all the time. One parent said she never saw her fuss the whole time she was there.

We are all planning on going to Ethiopia to visit her toward the end of April. Bill and the kids are only coming for a few days and I am going to stay all week. Bill bought their tickets last night. We debated on taking everyone because of the added expense, but I really want the kids to see Ethiopia and meet the older kids at the orphanage. I hope they appreciated the experience and gain something from it. But, I am trying to keep my expectations lo, because it is no picnic there with rolling blackouts across the city and unreliable water. But, we are planning on staying at a hotel with a generator and Bill and the kids are only going to be there for 3 days.

In other news, we are leaving for TEXAS in 2 days. I am so excited to see my family.......