Friday, March 13, 2009

Adoption stuff

We got our paperwork to sign and send back regarding Baby Girl's adoption. I didn't even know we had FedEx here in Doha, but apparently we do. They tried to deliver our package yesterday and I wasn't home....ahhhhhh! So, I drove 1.5 hours round trip to the FedEx office to pick up the paperwork last night. We filled it out and dropped it back off this morning. It is supposed to be back in Washington state by Tuesday at 12 noon. I love FEDEX!

I don't know if it matters that we did that so quickly. I do know that after you accept a referral your case if filed in court. And we want our case filed as quickly as possible.

(this next part is all speculation and wishful thinking) I think best case senario...our case will be filed by the end of MARCH and we will be assigned a court date toward the end of MAY. If our case passes court, we should be able to pick up our babe toward the end of JUNE. Which would be great timing...since we get out of school on June 11 and will be heading to the US sometime near the end of June.

So, this is what we are praying for......or faster :)

In the meantime....toward the end of APRIL our whole family is planning on going to Ethiopia to meet our girl. Well, everyone else is going to meet her, but I actually met her when I was in Ethiopia in January and she is a sweetheart! This trip is necessary to get a special visa which we need since we live overseas!

In other news, we had our last baseball games for the boys today. Yay! It was a fun season, but our baseball season is Looooong! Abbey is on a campout with Girl Scouts for 2 whole night...I am missing her.

And, in 3 short weeks I am going home for my beautiful niece's wedding! The two youngest kiddos are going with me.

I can't wait to see my family...especially my MOM!