Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My New Job

Since we won't be able to move to Ethiopia for the next few months to be with our baby daughter, I decided I needed a distraction.   I am now a substitute teacher at my children's school.  My two younger children love having me at the school.  My middle schooler not so much.  Today I am the Middle School Drama teacher.  Am I qualified?  I've seen High School Musical about a million times and I was in drama a few years ago in high school, so I figure I can handle it.


My first class was great fun!  The kids all had lines to work on and one by one they came up to the teacher's desk and I assessed how well they memorized their lines.  The kids are so cute and all did a good job.

My next class is apparently the planning period for this teacher, so I get to check my email and do this blog.  I am waiting to hear if our case has been submitted to the courts.  It is supposed to be 1-5 weeks for this to happen.  

After that is 6th graders.  And then the day is over.  Tuesday's are half days at our school.  Whoo hoooo.....what a great job I have!