Thursday, September 4, 2008

We remember moments!





Our oldest child is in middle school this year. He is growing up so fast. He is playing clarinet in the band this year. He is also taking pre-algebra and Spanish B, so his classes are pretty tough. But, he loves school. He always has.


He has some really good friends at school and spends a lot of time playing with them after school. Pretty soon he will start cross country practice after school. I think they run 4 days a week. He has grown 2 sizes this summer. He's been talking more seriously about his faith lately. It is becoming more real and personal to him. What can I do? He is growing up.


But, last night was one of those fun moments with him that I will always remember (especially since I am writing it down). It was late, past his bedtime and he came in my room with his Ipod. Instead of sending him back to his room which is what I normally do when I finally get them all in bed, I let him climb up beside me. He wanted me to listen to some new Audio Adrenaline song he had downloaded. So we looked up the lyrics on my laptop and with one ear phone is his ear and one in mine we sang our hearts out!


It was one of those parenting moments for me. Reminds me of one of my mom's favorite quotes.


"We don't remember days, we remember moments"


Here's to making the most of the moments we have with our kids. (Excuse me now, while I go get a tissue....)