Friday, September 5, 2008

The Harris family in Doha

Church in Doha. Today it was announced that we are moving to three services and people would no longer be allowed to sit on the stairs or in the hallway due to safety issues. With three services we may be able to have adult bible study (Sunday school on Friday, of course). I am teaching 2-3 year olds again this year. I only teach once a month which is a good thing for me...they are a busy bunch of bees.


My friend in her new kitchen.

Cute family!

4 American Girls in Doha.


We are thrilled that our good friends have moved to Doha. We met the Harris family while living in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 2002. We got to be great friends with them. Later, both of our families ended up in The Woodlands, Texas and NOW they are living in Doha. It is a huge blessing to me to have them so close. They are living in a different compound across town, but we get to see them lots. We had lunch with them after church today.

It was good to be in the house of the Lord this morning. It was crowded and HOT, but it was good. One of our lay pastors taught a great message.....a "Don't waste your life" kind of message. Afterwards, I met a new family that just moved here from Nigeria. The wife was excited to hear about my trip to Ethiopia. I look forward to talking to her more about Nigeria. I could be wrong, but I feel like God might be preparing our hearts for Nigeria one day.


This morning I got an email from a volunteer planning to go to Ethiopia in January for the Ethiopian Christmas time to organize Christmas for the kids at the orphanage. I had inquired about going and it looks like I might. Pray for God's will as we work out the details.