Thursday, September 25, 2008

One month

We have been waiting one month now for our little one to be referred to us. Our agency asks that parents only call once a month to check on the where they are on the list. Knowing that after waiting only one month we were still at the bottom of the list, I called anyway. The woman I spoke with was very nice. That's a good thing, because I am alway a little nervous when I call. She said they have had lots of infants coming into their care, but not so many 3-6 year olds. She said it could be 6 months+ before we hear anything.

So we wait.

To be honest, the waiting isn't too hard on me yet. We have so much going on that time seems to fly by. Which, in a way, is a good thing, but in a way it is makes me a little sad. I want to savor every minute I have with our three kids at home. They are growing up way too fast. Cole is going to his first youth group meeting at church tonight. Unbelievable.