Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We are going to Egypt!

My two smartest blog friends guessed that we are going to EGYPT for Eid. I am going to have to bring them back a cartouche or some papyrus or something cool like that for playing along with me.

I really don't know much about Egypt, but am looking forward to learning lots on the trip and I'm doing a bit of reading to get ready. Our good friends, the Crouch family is going, too. They have 4 kids, so it ought to be big fun for the kids. If they get tired of ruins, they can play hide and seek or something.

On the home front, our youngest child is having a hard time staying in his bed at night. Over the summer he got used to sleeping with Mamma and now he is not ready to give that up. Mind you, he is 7 years old, but he is still my baby. He has been in here 3 times already telling me he can't get to sleep. The last time he said he had figured out why he can't get comfortable. His pillow was backwards. He keeps me smilin',that's for sure! (Opps, he's back again for the 4th time. He just doesn't know why he can't go to sleep.)

Another development around our home is the presence of a little friend from the compound. All the K-2nd graders were delayed in going back to school for 2 weeks, which has made for some bored kiddos. This one little guy comes over quite often to play with our youngest son. If our son isn't here, he is just as happy to hang around me or just sit in our living room and watch tv. He is 6 years old. We requested a 3-6 year old on our adoption paperwork. I find myself thinking a 6 year old would be just great. This little guy is so precious and fun to be with. I hope his mom doesn't read this or she might think I am going to snatch her child. Actually, I had found myself hoping our new addition would be on the younger end of our requested age range, so it has been so good for me to experience 6 again.