Monday, September 1, 2008

Chick Fil A Chicken

Those of you who know us well know that my kids luuuuuv Chik Fil A. That is one of the things we gorge on while in the US. The other night I was lying in bed trying to figure out what Chik Fil A puts in their chicken to make it so yummy. Well, you will never guess what one of the secret ingredients is. POWDERED SUGAR! According to a recipe I found at www.recipezaar.com those delicious chicken nuggets have powdered sugar in them.

I made them tonight and everybody loved them except my Chik Fil A purist. He was unable to eat them. Thanks OK...more for me.

This is the recipe I used...

  • Combine 1 cup milk and 1 egg
  • In a seperate bowl combine 1 cup flour, 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 2 teaspoons salt. ( I added a little paprika for the fun of it!
  • Dip each piece of chicken in milk mixture and roll in flour until completedly covered.
  • Fry in hot oil.

It was worth every, greasy, fried calorie!