Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Adoption Update....getting closer

Today I got an email from our agency that says we are CLOSE to getting a referral. There are 1 or 2 families ahead of us. I am not sure if that means weeks or months, but we are close, we are close, we are close!

When I think about the whole paradox of adoption, I am sometimes ashamed at how anxious I am for this to happen. On one hand, you have someone's life ending or ending as they know it and on the other our lives are taking on a joyous new beginning. Somewhere there is a family grieving over a loss OR a young mother making the hardest decision of her life while we are picking out baby names and crib bedding. All over the world there are mothers who never get to see their children grow up, never get to snuggle them again, never get to hold their little hands or kiss sweet baby lips. I am sure not a day goes by without those birth mamas thinking about their babies, praying for them, and wondering.

These two pieces of the adoption puzzle are hard for me to fit together.

So even though this wait is hard, I know it is much, much harder to be on the other side of adoption. So, I strive to wait with grace and peace and to understand what it must be like for our baby's birth mother. And I say a prayer for her.