Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another crazy Doha experience

Today, I took the kids to a new place for juice. Have I mentioned you can get the best fresh juices here. Will is crazy about banana and Abbey gets strawberry/banana. They are yummy.

We went to a new place called "As You Like". It was clean and they had a take out/ delivery menu. I picked one up and the kids were excited about ordering dinner from our new find.

Later that night, I called to place our order. Well, after 15 minutes of me trying to order and the poor fella on the other end trying to understand my English, I gave up. To make it even worse, I was ordering by the item number on the menu. That's right. He couldn't understand my numbers. I would say 17 and he would say 70. I would say 23 and he would say 33. Finally, I apologized and said to cancel the order and I would try again another day. I knew he didn't understand the whole cancelling part and sure enough, he called me a little later asking where we lived. I know it would have been impossible for me to explain where we lived. So the poor guy was stuck with whatever it was he thought we ordered.

Just another day in Doha!