Saturday, February 7, 2009

Adoption: Not much to tell

I get asked a lot about the adoption and really there isn't much to tell right now.

Other than I am becoming one of those impatient waiters.

At first, I was very patient. I scoffed at others who obsessed over the wait. Now, I can honestly say I am going crazy!

I check my emails and yahoo groups several times a day just to see if anyone has gotten a referral (they haven't lately). I try to calculate in my mind when our referral might come and as that time draws near or passes I get really bummed.

I think what set me off, was being in Ethiopia and seeing the sheer number of sweet babies in the nursery. The court system is so backed up right now that I am guessing our agency isn't giving many referrals, because they know the wait til court will be excruciatingly long.

So we wait and trust God's perfect timing.