Friday, January 25, 2008

Not a Super Mom!


I never want anyone to think I have it all together. #1, because I don't and #2, I would never want anyone to feel intimidated around me or feel inferior to me.

Today, I had to bring snacks to Will's t-ball game. Last night, we went to the grocery store and loaded up on snacks. I decided to use a basket I had lying around to tote the snacks and they did look "cute" in the basket. But as I was walking to the game with my "cute" basket of goodies, a friend of mine commented that I was a "super mom". If only it was that easy to be a super mom. Yes, I managed to pull together a snack for t-ball that looked appealing, but that doesn't make me a super mom.

Each of us is in our own stage of parenting. Each of us has our own strengths and weaknesses. Just because someone looks like they have it all together, they don't. No one does. So, if you have a friend that has all her scrapbooks caught up, or cooks delicious, healthy dinners every night, or decorates her home like the pages of Southern Living don't let that make you feel bad. You are you! You are good at some things, not so good at others. That is what makes you uniquely qualified to parent YOUR children. And when it comes to parenting there are lots more important things than "cute" snacks, gourmet dinners, home decor and photo albums.