Friday, January 2, 2009

On my way..











Just wanted to briefly let you know that I am going to Ethiopia TONIGHT. I volunteered to help with the Christmas parties at the orphanages and transition home for our agency. We are still waiting to get a referral, so I will not be seeing our little girl, or maybe I will and not even know it. I think we will be getting a referral early in 2009, maybe February, based on the current time frames.

It is extremely difficult to leave my three kiddos behind. I have trouble trusting that God can take care of them without me here. I have 4 amazing moms that will be taking care of them after school and one amazing husband that will be caring for them after work and each morning (but it is still hard).

Our Ethiopian housemaid is also gone to Ethiopia on holiday, so she will not be here to help out. I am glad I will get to visit with her in her home country. I know she wants me to attend church with her. I am also going to try to visit my friend's baby that is still in care at an orphanage. He is the cutest baby boy ever!








I collected some women's clothes to take to the nannys at the transition home and some kids clothes too. Thanks to my friends for helping me with this.








Ok...that is all for now, I have to finish packing and I want to make some chocolate chip-banana muffins for my kids.