Wednesday, January 21, 2009

5 Months Waiting for our Girl

We have been waiting for 5 months for our referral of a little daughter from Ethiopia and again I am just grateful to God that he has given us patience and peace through the wait. I feel like we are getting close to getting our referral and I think we may know something in February, based on the timelines of other waiting families.

Our agency has had a baby boom of sorts due to famine like conditions in the Northern parts of Ethiopia and increased waiting time for court dates. They now have over 60 babies and toddlers in their care. When I was there a couple of weeks ago the storage rooms were quickly being depleted of baby supplies. I am planning a baby drive here in Doha to collect supplies to send (or maybe take myself, if I can)

Here is a link to a newsletter from our agency explaining the baby situation.

http://hosted.vresp.com/350477/fa584ebd37/238/86edb0b3a5/