Monday, October 20, 2008

I've Been Tagged




In April 2008, I traveled to Ethiopia with Sharon and Heart of Hope Adoption Ministries. It was a great trip for me and it sealed our decision to adopt. Over the years, Sharon has led several groups on this trip and each year families make the decision to adopt. Another woman that traveled with us felt God calling her to adopt older children and now she and her husband are pursuing the adoption of 3 tween and teenage girls. Wow! Sharon and her husband have a bunch of beautiful adopted children and are huge advocates for children.

Sharon tagged me...the task is to write 7 Random Things about ME!

1. I think wrinkles around the eyes are so beautiful...more so on other people than myself. They tell me that this is a person that laughs and smiles alot. I like that quality in a person.

2. I am addicted to "24". I know, I am about 5 seasons behind the times. I just finished the first season.

3. I like Big Macs and Mcdonalds in general. I love their french fries. Can you tell I am on a diet? I'm dreaming about Big Macs.

4. I love to take bubble baths. I would take one every night if I could. How I miss Bath and Body Works. Our bath store here had one flavor of bubble bath...Rose. I like roses, but I don't want to smell like one.

5. I don't like make up very much. Occasionally, I get in the mood to play with makeup, but most days I don't wear very much. I do like to get dressed up and go out occasionally.

6. I doodle a lot. If there is a pencil, pen, marker or crayon and paper, I will be doodling. I doodle when I listen in church and talk on the phone. I must be an auditory learner, because I definitely can doodle and learn at the same time. Must have driven my teachers crazy when I was a kid.

7. I can't stop thinking about our adoption and our new child or children. Will it be a little one or an older one? Will it be a boy or a girl, or both (if I can talk Bill into it)? Will the adjustment be smooth or terribly difficult? And when? Will we know something before Christmas (probably not..)? Will we travel this summer or even better this Spring? How will our three kids at home react? So many questions...so many opportunities for faith and trust in the One who knows!
I am going to tag some bloggers that live in Doha. These are three sweet ladies who will be able to shed a little more light on expat life for you!
And my sister...
And three other people when I can think of them...
Add Vanessa to the list...