Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2 MONTHS WAITING FOR YOU


We have been waiting two months for our referral. Our homestudy provider approved us for two children under the age of 7 (Will's age at the time. He will be 8 by the time we get our child). We all agreed that adopting younger than our youngest was a good idea for us. When it came time to specify with our agency what ages and gender we would request, we decided that we would request just one child, boy or girl 3-6 years old.

The further along we get in the process, I am getting a better idea of what I picture for our family. It has become very clear that I would really love another daughter. I love, love, love little boys, too. But, we have our one precious Abbey girl and I would really love for her to have a sister (I have 3 sisters and they are so special to me). Both Abbey and Will talk about having a little sister. Even Will, who I would have thought would wish for a brother, says he wants a sister. He is so sweet to our friend's little girls. He loves for them to chase him :) Cole, in all his tween age glory, isn't keen on little brothers or little sisters.

So, for the record, we have changed our request to one girl,2.5-6 years old or siblings 2.5-6.
While I was on the phone with the agency, I forgot to ask if there was any updates on our wait time, but I am pretty sure we are still at the bottom of the list. It looks like we are in for a nice long wait.