Friday, October 17, 2008

Children's HopeChest in Ethiopia

Right now, Tom Davis and some friends of Children's Hopechest are in Ethiopia seeking orphanages that need support. You can read about it at RLC and on Tom Davis' blog. If you have a heart for orphans and especially if you are drawn to Ethiopia you can get involved. This post swiped from Tom Davis' blog tells you how.

How You Can Help
The most frequently asked question I get is: How can I help?
As you head into the weekend, here are 5 things you can do...modeled after 5 for 50.
1. PRAY...you've read the posts, seen the photos, and watched the videos. Pray that God will raise up 10 churches to sponsor Ethiopian orphanages through Children's HopeChest. You can pass along this one page summary of how sponsorship works to any pastors or leaders you think should get it.
2. FAST...Ethiopia is in the grip of a famine that is impacting over 6 million individuals...maybe a lot more. Commit to fasting for Ethiopia and ask God to use that time to reveal to you how you can make a difference for orphans.
3. GIVE...You can give now at www.5for50.com. When I return, I'll be sending out an important update about how the economy has impacted our giving, and what our plans are for keeping our programming funded.
4. SERVE...We're leaving in April 2009 for the next vision trip. How many people can you recruit? I want to have 10 or more churches, businesses, and donors travel with me to make a difference for Ethiopia. Can you help?
5. JOIN...Send this to five (or more) people. Post it on your blog. Message your friends on Facebook. Share this message with those you know and encourage them to start a relationship with an orphan through Children's HopeChest today. We need an army...and you can help.
Thank you so much for your support. I look forward to sharing more about my trip when I return to the U.S. Simon has shot some great video that I'll be able to post soon.