Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good Wishes Quilt


I wanted to ask you if you would like to help me with a quilt for the baby/child we are hoping to adopt from Ethiopia.

If you don't already know, our family is hoping and praying to adopt a little one from Ethiopia.

While we are waiting for a referral from the adoption agency, I want to make a Good Wishes Quilt for our child.

I am asking friends and family to send me one 8X8 square (washed and pressed) of African themed fabric (100% cotton for quilting) to add to the quilt. Also, write a wish for our child, a prayer, or a favorite verse on a 4X6 inch card and attach a small piece of the fabric you send. Please sign and date the card and put your location,too. I will use the squares to make the quilt and I will put the wish card in a scrapbook to keep.

If you would like to send a square for the quilt just email me at mlynncollins@yahoo.com and I will send you the address.

I know this will be something very special for our child and it will give me something to do while we are waiting and waiting and waiting.