Saturday, August 9, 2008

Twilight books

I got the second book in the Twilight series, New Moon. I am barely into it, but I am reading it with new eyes after my friend asked if the books were OK for her 12 year old.



After reading the first book, I seriously considered recommending it to my 12 year old son. He is an avid reader, loves fantasy, but thought he might not enjoy the romance part of it. I couldn't remember anything inappropriate. It is scary a bit.



The second book in the first couple of chapters has used the phrase, "what the h---" and the main character is said to silently curse. Also, there is a discussion by the father vampire about God and what happens to vampires when they die. Also, the vampire stays the night in the girls room, but he doesn't sleep (vampires don't have to sleep apparently)and nothing goes on, except sleeping.



SO, taking all that into consideration, I am not sure about recommending the series to 12 year old girls, although I am sure lots of them are reading it. If you want to be completely sure it is OK you should probably read it first.