Friday, August 15, 2008

Right now

We are in a hotel this morning in The Woodlands. We left my mom's yesterday. It was a hard morning, but not impossibly hard. We had everything loaded and we had an appointment so the goodbyes were short and sweet. I know my Mom loves having us, but I can't help but think it must be a little bit of a relief when we leave. We had so many suitcases and bags that all the floorboards were full and the kids and I had to curl up like pretzles to fit into the car. I wish I had a picture.

On the way into town, I called a couple of our old friends and can I just say I have the best friends in the world. We loved spending a few hours of sweet fellowship in the home of one of our good friends and were joined by two other families that are precious to us.

Today, we go somewhere in Houston to be fingerprinted for our i600A. If you are in the international adoption world, you know that this is paperwork for the immigration of your adopted child. All this must be done prior to adopting.

We also found out that our agency just needs ONE more piece of paper and our dossier will be finished and can be sent to Ethiopia and THEN we will be officially on the waiting list for our child. We need to get our accountant to send them a letter stating we filed an extension on our taxes this year. That's it!

If you would like to pray for us today, please pray we can get the accountant letter faxed to our agency and pray that we can get all our stuff loaded back into the car, with right attitudes and happy hearts.

One more thing, our youngest had his follow up appointment with the ENT and she released him to run, jump, play ball and eat crunchy stuff. He is healed.