Friday, June 6, 2008

We've been busy!





mekedes turned 25!! we celebrated by going to the local Ethiopian restuarant and having cake at home. the cake was so good with chocolate/peanut butter ganache icing. my two big kids were not impressed with Ethiopian food. we had to walk past a butcher shop with whole goats/sheep hanging in the window, so that kind of turned them off before we ever got into the door.


will performed his poetry during the 1st grade Writer's Cafe, followed by his end of the year music concert.


abbey dressed up as Dian Fossey and gave an outstanding report about her life work with gorillas during the "Day of Notables" wax museum, followed by her class concert. the next evening she performed with the concert choir and I actually caught it on video. I am going to try to post one of the songs. they were so good. I know I'm bragging!!