Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Uninspired

I haven't felt very inspired lately.

Things are happening here. Our lives are getting a little bit busier. Abbey is playing basketball at school. We had to convince her to give it a try and she actually liked it after the first practice.

I love the afterschool programs here. The elementary kids can play sports, like basketball, soccer, cross country or swimming. They practice right after school for about an hour. They form teams and play each other. At the end of the season (6 weeks) they choose some of the kids to represent our school in a tournament against other schools.

Abbey also signed up for choir. She loves singing and really likes her new music teacher.

The school also offers other afterschool activities besides sports. Will chose a cooking/reading class. They will read a book like If You Give a Moose a Muffin and then cook something related to the book, in this case, they would make muffins.

Cole is going to play baseball (for the first time), but it doesn't get started to after Ramadan. He is excited about playing a new instrument, the saxophone. We are still looking for a piano teacher for him.

I am participating in the Beth Moore Daniel bible study. I did the same study last year, but I am sure I will learn something new the second time around. We had our first meeting today. About 50 ladies were there. Wow! We are also having a ladies conference Nov. 2-3.

We had Open House for Will's class last night. I really like his teacher, although she looked right at me when she said, "Please don't send Oreos in your child's lunch." Oooops. Mekedas kept the kids for us and we went to eat Indian food after. A date.

And lastly, I got my haircut and highlighted. I went to the closest place (I am still a big chicken about driving here), which happened to be the Ritz Carlton. It was amazingly expensive and probably will not be going back there. I now have a fashionable haircut that I need two extra arms to style by myself.