Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Snaggle Tooth




Will has a snaggle tooth.

Or at least he did have a snaggle tooth. Before I could get my post together he wiggled that little front tooth right out of there.

He is one of those kids that gets a loose tooth and will not leave it alone until he gets it out.

He has lost two bottom teeth already, but for some reason this top one is special. Maybe it is because it changes his appearance so much. He looks older, more mischievous. Maybe it's because he is my baby and it's the last time we will have a child lose his first front tooth. (did you follow that?)

He keeps his two bottom teeth (previously lost teeth) in a little blue plastic box. He made sure the tooth fairy knew he wanted to keep them. Tonight he had me write a letter to the tooth fairy.

Dear Tooth Fairy,
Please do not take my tooth because I like it. But, leave me some money.
From, Will

Later, he came stumbling in my room half asleep insisting I take his tooth and the letter. I said "Put the letter back under your pillow, and I'll bet you'll still get some money."

"No", he insisted. "I don't care about the money. I just want my tooth."

I assured him I would put in my jewelry box for safe keeping.

Funny little boy.....He really does like that tooth.

For the record, big brother, Cole has lost two molars since we have been here. That poor tooth fairy is going to go broke.