Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Eid Mubarak






The holiday season is upon us in Doha. This weekend we celebrated both Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are leaving in 3 days....3 DAYS for home and we will not be back for Christmas so Santa came early....really early to our house. The kids were thrilled, but it didn't feel very Christmassy to me. I know we will probably end up celebrating this whole month which will be fun. Our plans are to fly into Texas and then to Florida for a week. When we saw the school calendar and realized we were going to be off the whole month of December, we knew it was the perfect time to go to Disney (low crowds and cooler weather). Then we are going back to my hometown for some family time. Bill has to come back to Doha early, so he will miss the big family Christmas at my moms' house this year (bummer).

We had Thanksgiving on Thursday, even though is was a school and work day. Some very special friends came over after school and we ate Thanksgiving Dinner together. The food was so good....we were all stuffed. I didn't get many pictures (except this one of my turkey bird), as I was busy running around like a turkey with my head cut off, since the party was at my house.




The next day, we went to church on Friday (still weird for me) and then got ready for the Texas A&M Thanksgiving. I was so excited to see the campus, but the actual dinner turned out to be a little disappointing. There were soooo many people there, the line was a mile long. We sat around for awhile and then decided to go eat here instead with our fellow Aggie friends. Any guesses what restaurant this is?


On Saturday morning SANTA came to Doha. Our kids were thrilled, but it was hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit. We did start a fun tradition. The night before we all picked a Christmas storybook and each one of us read aloud to the family. It was sweet to see each of their personalities shine as they read their story.


Now, we are just trying to get through these last few days of school (Cole has two major projects due on Wednesday) and get on that big ol' airplane that will take us Home for the Holidays.