Monday, November 17, 2008

Children's Hopechest is in Ethiopia

When I went to Ethiopia earlier this year, I met Angel and I was privileged to go with her to meet Hanna. I asked Hanna how she supported all these kids. I asked her if she was rich and she replied with a smile "I am not rich, but I have a rich God." Since then, Children's Hopechest has gone into Ethiopia and identified orphanages that need supporting and assistance, including Hanna's. Once again, her rich God is supplying her needs as she cares for these children. They are in the process of finding groups (churches, businesses, etc) that will step up and sponsor these precious kids. Red Letters Campaign, an online community of believers, is sponsoring one of the orphanages. If you would like to be a part of this go to redletterscampaign.com or if your church or group would be interested contact childrenshopechest.org

The following post was written by Angel at thevoiceofadventure.blogspot.com

I met Hannah - a woman who inspired me like no other. A woman who just followed God's call. Where most of us would say "Impossible ... who am I," Hannah says "Where there is vision ... there is provision.

"WHERE THERE IS VISION...I was impacted so deeply by her story of taking in one child after another off the streets and providing them a home, a family of foster siblings, food, clothing and, so important, EDUCATION. I was there when a young girl without even clothes was brought in to Hannah's off the street. Today, Hannah cares for over 160 children without much outside support. THAT is about to CHANGE!

Hopechest and Red Letters Campaign just returned from Ethiopia where we identified 8 orphan communities with over 750 kids who would benefit from the Children's Hopechest community - to - community sponsorship model. Remember ... "Where there is vision, there is provision!" We had a vision for supporting Hannah in her incredible work. Amy Bottomly had a vision of bringing support for Kolfe orphanage. Tom Davis had a vision for bringing futures to 1,000 children in Ethiopia.

THERE IS PROVISION!Well ... guess what, I want to show you the provision (watch video). It brings tears to my eyes to see Hannah's orphanage on this video and to realize that God has taken this experience full circle. Also, keep an eye out for Moses' Orphanage - the community that the Red Letters Campaign community is sponsoring.

To date, it appears that we have four of these communities sponsored already. Today, we already have almost 60 sponsors for our own orphanage (Moses' Orphanage), but we have room for more. Also, we'd love to take on another orphanage. If you want to be part of this, you can still send an email to Amy Bottomly at amyde63@hotmail.com. If you want more information, click here to read more.