Friday, May 16, 2008

A Bloggy World

I am officially a blog nerd. I got a little map (scroll down to the bottom of my blog) on my blog that shows where all of you live and now my curiosity is KILLING me. I know who that lone little dot in Washington state might be and who the dots around Houston might be, but there are some of you I don't know and I would love to virtually meet you. Some of you, I know and love already and some of you, I may not know.

So, leave a comment and tell me about yourself or just say HI. The first comment I ever left on a blog was telling a blogger Angel that I wanted to go on the Ethiopia mission trip with her. That comment was the beginning our friendship and the beginning of something so much bigger. You can even leave an anonymous comment, if you don't have an account set up.

Yesterday, I participated in a phone call with around 50 other people. People that I would have never known or met, if it wasn't for this crazy blog world. We listened as Tom Davis of www.hopechest.org talked about their hope and desire to get an orphan care program up and running in Ethiopia. The statistics he shared were grim. By 2010, it is predicted there will be 5,000,000 orphans in Ethiopia alone, many are orphaned due to AIDS, many are orphaned due to poverty! But,thousands of orphans are going to know God's love and hope through this program. They are going to grow up with food, clothes, shelter, medical and dental care and an EDUCATION! It is the goal of hopechest for these kids to know the love of a family!