Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Again, See You!

Just had a good Doha experience. Stopped at a little convenience store on the way home from my meeting. It is actually a little bigger than a convenience store and sells produce and bakery products. I had to buy only one thing, but ended up buying some fruit for school lunches tomorrow.

At these small stores there is usually a guy who follows you around with plastic bags and as soon as you fill one, he will take it and hand you another. First rate, customer service.

When I got to the register to pay, I was short 4 Riyals. I started putting my box of cereal back and the cashier said "It's OK. Next time, you bring." I am not a regular customer at this store, these guys didn't know me and I was surprised by the offer. Rarely in the US, would this happen.

The produce guy collected my purchases and took them to my car...again not commonly seen at convenience stores in the US.

I said "Thank you kind, sir!"

He said "OK, Again, See you!"

And, I thought to myself "I like living in Doha..."