Thursday, November 29, 2007

We are members of the Quilt Guild

I am an "O"fficial member of the Doha Quilt Guild. I went to my first meeting yesterday. I had to pick up Abbey from her after school activity, so she had to go with me to my meeting. It is basically a bunch of women who love to quilt. They have a business meeting and have drawings for prizes. Everyone gets to show off what they have made. Usually someone does a demonstration, but yesterday was the "Star Challenge". A contest where ladies entered their star themed quilt and we all got to vote for the winner.

Funny thing was.... Abbey loved the quilt guild and said as we were leaving "Can't wait til our next quilt meeting!"

She is already planning what she is going to make for show and tell.

Here is a quilt top that I made recently...........................

Now, I just have to learn how to put it all together.