Tuesday, November 27, 2007

3 weeks and counting!

The kids have 2 1/2 weeks of school and then we are out of here. Today is their 1/2 day (every Tuesday they get a 1/2 day) and the whole elementary is going to the circus. Will was beyond excited.

We are taking a direct (sort of...stops in Frankfurt, but I don't think we even get off the plane) Qatar Airways flight to New York. We are going to spend a few days in NY. I have wanted to go to NY for a long time, so this is kind of a dream come true for me. We are going to some shows (I want my kids to be surprised, so I can't tell which ones), going to the American Girl Place (always, always wanted to take Abbey there), the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Rockefeller Center (ice skating), the Museum of Natural History and lots of other fun places. There are so many fun things to do there. I am just hoping we don't freeze. It might be really cold and we aren't used to cold. And we will be dealing with jet lag, too.

Then we are on to Spurger, Texas to see my big ol' family. I really think one of the reasons Bill married me is he loved my family so much. He met them for the first time at one of our Christmas gatherings 14 years ago. My family is great....all 34 of us. We cram into my mom's house and eat, laugh and visit. Soooo fun! The kids love playing with all the cousins.

Then on to Dallas to see Bill's family, which is always a fun time, too. Cole, especially loves to play with his cousin Mark, that was born the day before him.

Sometime in there, we hope to see some of our friends in The Woodlands area.