Monday, July 9, 2007

Second time for everything


I actually started my very first blog a couple of months ago. I was so proud! Somehow, I lost my blog after the first entry. I was discouraged, to say the least. So, after months of procrastinating, I am at it again. Doesn't sound hopeful, does it??

Our family of 5 is getting ready for a BIG move. My husband of 13 years has been "transferred" to a new job in Doha, Qatar. Qatar is located on the east side of Saudi Arabia. It is the little peninsula sticking off into the Persian Gulf. It is a very safe and (from what I've heard and read) a wonderful (but, hot) place to live. He has been living there since the end of March. My children and I stayed behind in Texas to finish the school year and visit family and friends. These last months have been trying as we dealt with selling our home, selling our cars, organizing, giving away, throwing a way, packing up and shipping all our worldly possessions. I am now at my Mom's home in my hometown, population <1000, living out of suitcases. My husband is returning in 14 days to tie up loose ends and we are all leaving for Doha on July 31. I am finally letting myself get excited about the move. I am so excited I haven't been able to sleep very well, thus I am here at 1:00am telling perfect strangers about my life.



I hope to keep my little blog updated with our new adventures living in the middle east. I know God has a plan for our lives and can hardly wait to see what this chapter will hold.