Saturday, July 28, 2007

Only two more sleeps!

We are on the move. We are in The Woodlands enjoying seeing some friends and doing some fun things together as a family before we go (and doing the endless errands necessary for a crazy move like this). This morning I got to see two very special friends that were actually in our wedding 13 years ago. It had been way too long. But even though we hadn't seen each other we picked up right where we left off and it didn't take me long to remember why I liked them so much. Later, we met up with our friends the Carvers, who are moving back to the area almost exactly the same time we are moving away. We enjoyed being with them and Bill got to take all the kids, ours and theirs to see the movie, Transformers. Did you know in the movie the evil transformers attack the US air force base in Qatar?

Later, two more sweet friends and their girls joined A. and I for the Aly and AJ concert at the Woodlands Pavilion. We had a fun time watching the girls dance and be silly.

Everything has been smooth sailing so far and for that I give God the glory. We did have to buy 3 more suitcases today. Why did I keep all that stuff behind?

W. (my six year old little boy) asked how long until we fly to Qatar. I told him "two more sleeps" and he said "whooo hoooo".

A good sign.