Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cucumbers and Banana Pudding

I haven't told you about our garden, yet. The kids really wanted to grow a garden this summer, so we went to WalMart and Lowes and ended up with 4 species of tomatoes, 2 bell peppers, 2 okras, and one cucumber plant. The plants have been doing amazingly well and have yielded 3 bell peppers so far. Imagine our surprise when we returned to find 2 fine cucumbers had magically grown in the five days we were away. Our one little cucumber plant is huge and has many blooms on it. I will post a picture tomorrow so you can see our garden.

We had a wonderful time visiting my brother and his crew. I definitely want to share a banana pudding recipe my sister-in-law made while we were there. It is one of Paula Deens recipe and it is delish. The link to the recipe should appear above. It is worth trying out during these hot summer months. Sometimes, I feel like we will never get good southern food like this when we move to Qatar. Hope I am wrong about that.

One more thing, my sister and her family are in Ecuador on a mission trip. You can check out what they are doing on www.servingecuador.blogspot.com It is pretty amazing to see what a big God we have and what he is doing all over the world.