Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Visa update...

nothing...nada...zilch...

We still haven't gotten a confirmation from the AMERICAN embassy that they have our visa approval. I have called them and emailed them. Our agency has called them and emailed them. Short of me going there and just crying in front of them, I do not know what else we can do.

The funny thing is....I just know the visa approval is there. I did go ahead and make travel arrangements to go to ET. They will hold the reservation for 5 days. Hopefully by then we will know something.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated. But, I have to keep everything in perspective. She is legally our daughter and we will get to go get her sooner than later. I just read this on the Embassy website "All Ethiopian adoptions are full and final and irrevocable under Ethiopian law." Yep, she is ours!

Lord, I trust you! You know the perfect timing for her to be united with her new family. Help me to be patient and not fret and worry. Help me to be all there for the sweeties that are here with me right now. I know you love Ella Grace way more than we do and are entirely able to take care of her.

Funny story...this morning I was walking on our freshly mopped tile and I totally slipped down and did a slow motion awkward splits and landed flat on my face....literally laid out with my nose a centimeter from the floor. (ask my friend Terri, she witnessed it and I am sure it was the funniest thing she has seen all year)

I was thinking that is exactly where God wanted me. Totally dependent on him and recognizing that he is God and he alone is in control and that he loves me ( he did keep me from breaking anything :)