Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ella's Baby Shower
























































Abbey holding up some of her favorites.










Blankets for the children at Layla House...we collected 50 blankets at the shower!












Now we are ready......Ella has a pink kitty purse!












Look at this adorable cake made by my friend, Susan.











I have the smartest, craftiest friends. Check out the cute diaper cake Gayla made!












Ella Grace was showered with gifts yesterday!

It was an amazing site! There were so many of my friends there from all the different circles of my life. I have my young friends with children the age of Ella that are welcoming me with open arms into their MOPS group. I had my bible study leaders and groupies....that have prayed with me so faithfully for our family. There are certain people who before the adoption I didn't know well, but have been soooo supportive and interested in our journey...and they were there. I even had two grandmas there....they are here visiting there daughters and were so sweet to come. For a lot of my friends it had been a long time since they had been to a baby shower. We had a ball...playing games, eating yummy food, and visiting! The decorations were darling!

My sweet friends that hosted the shower have been such a blessing to me. They really are so special to me and it makes me all teary eyed just to think about them.

My kiddos were so excited to see all of Ella's gifts. Will almost single handedly unloaded the car and then he and Abbey sorted everything and displayed it in the living room for Daddy to see when he got home.

I overheard Will tell Abbey it was "overwhelming" and Abbey commented "Mom, your friends just went too far!" when she saw the pink sparkly converse high top shoes. Ms Kim even packed up a bag of goodies especially for my big kids and they loved it that she thought of them.


It was an extravagant display of love and affection for a little girl that right now is sitting in an orphanage and has no idea what is waiting for her! Just makes me think of how much our Father loves us and desires to bless us!