Sunday, April 19, 2009

April Crazy

This is a hectic month for us. Abbey, Will and I were gone the first week of April to the US. Cole was gone another direction....to Jordan for an outreach trip. Bill was in Italy and then flew to Houston the day we were flying back to Doha.

Last week was a rough week for me. I hate to complain, but this is my blog. I felt like Satan was trying to steal my joy. We had just found out our court date for Ella Grace and did feel immensely blessed. When I was reading old blog post, I realized that court date was exactly what I had prayed for and asked you to pray for as the best case scenario. But, even in light of this great, wonderful news, I still felt down and defeated. Part of it is the numbing effects of jet lag and part of it was my darling girl was sick all week.

Things are going much better this week. Abbey is feeling better. Bill is home. He got home about 9pm last night. Just having him here makes things better. He and I were able to get some paperwork needed for the adoption notarized today at the embassy (they even granted us an emergency appointment since this was the only day we could do it).

He and Cole are leaving mid week to go to Dubai for the Little League All Stars tournament. I am so proud of Cole for making the team and I hope they have a great time in Dubai. I am a little jealous, because I really wish I could go too and see him play. But, the day they get back, I am going to Ethiopia to see Ella Grace. Bill and the kids will join me there midweek and get to meet her too. I can't imagine what it will be like for them to experience Ethiopia for the first time.

Our April is crazy! It makes me tired just rereading this post. I hope May is a little calmer and we can all at least stay on the same continent!