Friday, February 15, 2008

happy valentines!

We had a wonderful Valentines Day today. Nothing too spectacular, but a fun time together. Last night I cut out a bunch of little red hearts and sprinkled them all over my sleeping children and all over the floor. The kids thought it was fun! I picked up the kids from school and we went to Haagan Daas for ice cream. We ordered fancy ice cream deserts in fancy ice cream glasses. Tonight we ordered pizza and watched a movie together. We watched Mee Shee which we owned, but had never watched. It was cute. Bill and I are going to try to go out sometime this weekend.

Will got the sweetest valentines at school. The teacher had the students make homemade valentines and fill in this sentence, "I am glad you are in my class because....." Many of Will's friends wrote that Will was funny and that Will was happy. One little boy wrote that Will was "good at digging connecting tunnels on the playground" and a couple of them wrote that he was "my best friend".

Abbey got a funny valentine! Her teacher sent home a list of names and a note stating that if your child would like to bring cards, please bring one for everyone. I guess one of the families were not familiar with Valentines and the child brought full size cards for everyone, that had nothing to do with Valentines. Abbey's was Best Wishes on Your New Business. So cute!