Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Art of Henna



Last night I went with a group of ladies from the Pegasus Club (ExxonMobil club for families living here) to the Ramadan Tent at the Ritz Carlton. It was a grand experience. The ballroom is decorated like an elegant tent and they served a huge buffet of Arabian food, like shawarma, shish kebab and tandoori. My favorite was the whole roasted lamb. I haven't eaten very much lamb in my life, but this was delicious. They also served rose water tea, which tasted like.....roses. I didn't like it very much. They put nuts and spices in the juices and teas to bring out the flavor. My friend ordered a shisha. A shisha is a pipe used to smoke tobacco that has fruit flavors. I wish I had a picture of it (I forgot my camera last night...ugh) The actual apparatus sits on the floor and looks like it would be illegal in 48 states. She seemed to enjoy it.
I also experienced the art of henna as you can see in the photo. I kind of like it..what do you think?